- Any tissue paper contaminated by the human body. (e.g. nose blows, and cut clean ups)
- Hair. ( Human, and Animal coat hair too )
- Nail Clippings. (Animal / Human but not false ones)
- Only tissue or pure cotton wool used during makeup applications removals.
(No hand/ face wipes or webbed cotton wipes)
NO! Female Personal Hygiene products. Underwear liners etc.
New or Used (The webbing used to strengthen the cotton will not break down in composting facility)
NO! Cotton Buds. (The cotton is fine it is the plastic stick that will not break down)
NO! Baby Nappies. (Contents are compostable it’s the plastic and webbing that’s the problem)
NO! No Faeces contaminated wipes. (No Baby wipes after nappy change’s as webbing in wipe will not break down)
Note! A bathroom really needs to accommodate 3 waste streams especially if it is mainly a female occupied dwelling.
- Brown Bin waste e.g. as above
- Green Bin waste e.g. plastic razors, tin’s, toilet roll cores, plastic /paper packaging etc.
- Black Bin waste e.g. Sanitary products / wipes, Cotton buds, Perfume / After shave bottles etc.
Note! Perfume glass items must be put in the Black bin, as can ruin the recycling process of colour segregated glass.